An EXCEPTIONAL DEVELOPMENT OPPORTUNITY to create an ARCHITECT DESIGNED country house with MAGNIFICENT VIEWS over 26 acres of UNDULATING FARM LAND.Accommodation
- Planning consent is granted to replace the existing farmhouse and re-site it from the road, at the centre of this wonderful block of farmland. The accommodation which has detailed planning consent and is illustrated within these sales particulars by computer generated images, could be remodelled internally to suit individual requirements (subject to the usual consents).
The proposed accommodation would approximately extend to some 3444 Sq2 and in brief would comprise a reception hall, open plan living kitchen, two reception rooms, utility/boot room, study, master bedroom with dressing area and ensuite, bedroom two with dressing area and ensuite, bedroom four with ensuite, two further bedrooms and family bathroom. Outside provides triple garaging and an oak framed car port.Planning Permission
- Planning permission 18/01133/FUL was granted on 17th August 2018 for the demolition of the former farmhouse and outbuildings and the erection of a new dwelling and garaging. Further details of the planning permission are available at www.harborough.go.uk. They are also included within a purchaser's pack, which is available on request.Outside
- The current site provides an impressive 190m frontage onto Station Road, with an in and out driveway and a substantial area of hard standing for horse boxes, machinery and vehicles. A barn provides an indoor school for those with an equestrian interest. The land is predominately grass, sloping gently towards the River Sence and provides both attractive views over fields and uninterrupted open countryside beyond.Special Note
- The land will be subject to an overage provision; for 25 years, with a 30% uplift of any additional value being created by virtue of planning permission for additional residential dwellings. The existing overage provisions lapse in 2022.Location
- Great Glen is a thriving village and one of the most popular locations within Leicestershire. It is conveniently situated between Leicester and Market Harborough, both being approximately six miles distant and providing a wide range of recreational, leisure and shopping facilities. Great Glen is well served by local shops, community activities, a doctor's surgery and sporting facilities. The surrounding countryside provides many scenic walks and bridleways. The local schooling is a major draw to the area, in both the state and public sector. The renowned Leicester Grammar School and Stoneygate Schools are both situated within the village.Directional Note
- From the centre of Market Harborough travel in a northerly direction on the A6 reaching Great Glen. At the island turn left as signposted to Newton Harcourt into Station Road, where the property can be seen on the left hand.
You may download, store and use the material for your own personal use and research. You may not republish, retransmit, redistribute or otherwise make the material available to any party or make the same available on any website, online service or bulletin board of your own or of any other party or make the same available in hard copy or in any other media without the website owner's express prior written consent. The website owner's copyright must remain on all reproductions of material taken from this website.