A superb opportunity to acquire a stunning country lifestyle with multiple dwellings, equestrian facilities, landscaped gardens and extensive land (approximately 12 acres) within one of the most sought-after villages in the East Midlands.Description
- Without doubt, one of the finest country residences in the East Midlands, Fulbeck Place offers an enviable blend of fine living in glorious grounds with the added benefit of equestrian facilities and extensive land. This enviable property not only provides quintessential country living, but the location also makes this opportunity eminently commutable to London, whether it be a regular journey or just occasionally with the added benefit of super-fast broadband connect to the estate, giving flexible working options from this stunning home.
This private home benefits from conveniently versatile living accommodation both within the glorious main house, as well as in the recently converted annex and a further detached lodge within the grounds. Accommodation in the main house includes a grand entrance hall, living room, drawing room, study, dining room, kitchen, utility, cellar, conservatory, vine house, nine bedrooms and five bathrooms, including three ensuite.
The converted Coach House enjoys a living room, dining room, kitchen, utility, study and two bedrooms, both with ensuites.
Lastly, the newly built lodge incorporates a garage block together with a two storey self-contained dwelling with contemporary open-plan living accommodation including a kitchen, shower room, games room, dining room, bedroom, purpose-built wine cellar and a spiral staircase to a first floor office. The extensive space easily lends itself to further bedrooms and bathrooms being created on the first floor if required.
Both these additional dwellings offer a wide range of uses and versatility. Currently, the Coach House accommodates family, however both self-contained properties can also be used for comfortable and extensive guest accommodation, or can be subject to a more commercial arrangement such as B&B or holiday lets.Location
- The picturesque and highly sought-after village of Fulbeck accommodates some of the most prominent private homes for miles around. The village benefits from a beautifully maintained cricket green and playing fields. A children's play ground and recreational areas are located at the edge of a football pitch.
A popular working Arts and Crafts Centre is located within the village with a variety of visitor attractions including a Master Saddler, Decoupage artist, Picture Framing, Plants, Woodworking and tools, Cross Stitch, Wool supplies, a Seamstress and a gallery displaying a wide variety of art. The Tack Room offers a fine range of drinks and refreshments. Leadenham Polo Club is a short walk away or can be accessed with a horse box within a minute.
Fulbeck village is possibly known best for one of the most popular Pubs in the area. The Hare & Hounds not only has a good selection of local brews, but the food is also to a very high standard. Nearby, The Brownlow Arms in Hough-on-th-Hill provides another level of fine dining in an equally attractive village location.
Syston Park Farm, 10 mins south of Fulbeck, offers superb fresh produce both in the shop itself, and outside for visitors to pick their own. A smaller farm shop is also located in Leadenham, 2 mins north of Fulbeck.
The Cathedral City of Lincoln is an ever increasingly popular city, best known for the stunning Cathedral and Castle hosting the Magna Carta. There is a good selection of private schools and excellent shopping facilities.Travel
- Fulbeck is ideally situated close to Grantham, providing superb travel to London Kings Cross in 1 hour. Newark is also conveniently located just 10 miles west of Fulbeck with additional main line links. The A17 connects conveniently to Norfolk and the A1.Schools
- The local area provides a wide range of excellent and highly regarded schools. These include Lincoln Minster (15 miles), The Priory and Carre's Grammar in Sleaford (8 miles) as well as The Kings' School and Kesteven & Grantham Girls' School in near-by Grantham (10 miles). Kesteven and Sleaford High is a selective academy for girls. Local primary schools include Brant Broughton (rated Outstanding by Ofsted) and Leadenham. Highfields, in nearby Newark (12 miles), is also a well regarded independent school and day nursery.Accomodation
- Reception Hall
- Sitting Room
- 7.06 x 4.61 (23'1" x 15'1") - Drawing Room
- 8.28 x 4.54 (27'1" x 14'10") - Conservatory
- 6.87 x 4.04 (22'6" x 13'3") - Vinehouse
- 6.87 x 3.43 (22'6" x 11'3") - Study
- 5.54 x 4.24 (18'2" x 13'10") - W.C
- Dining Room
- 6.79 x 4.64 (22'3" x 15'2") - Kitchen / Breakfast Room
- 7.19 x 4.02 (23'7" x 13'2") - Utility Room
- 3.65 x 3.35 (11'11" x 10'11") - W.C
- Bedroom 1
- 7.40 x 4.59 (24'3" x 15'0") - Ensuite
- Bedroom 2
- 6.70 x 4.46 (21'11" x 14'7") - En-Suite
- Bedroom 3
- 5.87 x 4.79 (19'3" x 15'8") - En-Suite
- Bedroom 4
- 4.60 x 3.60 (15'1" x 11'9") - Bedroom 5
- 7.19 x 4.05 (23'7" x 13'3") - Bathroom 1
- Bathroom 2
- Bedroom 6
- 6.89 x 4.57 (22'7" x 14'11") - Bedroom 7
- 4.58 x 4.53 (15'0" x 14'10") - Bedroom 8
- 4.64 x 2.39 (15'2" x 7'10") - Bedroom 9
- 5.70 x 4.62 (18'8" x 15'1") - Cellar
- Coach House
- Sitting Room
- 7.60 x 6.36 (24'11" x 20'10") - Dining Room
- 5.08 x 3.98 (16'7" x 13'0") - Kitchen
- 4.80 x 4.15 (15'8" x 13'7") - Bedroom 1
- 5.63 x 3.91 (18'5" x 12'9") - En-Suite
- Bedroom 2
- 4.05 x 3.34 (13'3" x 10'11") - Ensuite
- 4.04 x 1.98 (13'3" x 6'5") - Utility Room
- 4.15 x 3.58 (13'7" x 11'8") - Detached Lodge
- Sitting Room
- 5.65 x 4.78 (18'6" x 15'8") - Games Room
- 11.18 x 5.19 (36'8" x 17'0") - Dining Room
- 6.17 x 4.14 (20'2" x 13'6") - Shower Room
- 6.01 x 3.53 (19'8" x 11'6") - Secure Wine Cellar
- Communications Room
- Home Office & Gallery
- The property is accessed through secure electric gates with stone pillars onto a gravelled driveway which leads to the front of the house and also forks to the garage block and lodge. This building is newly constructed in stone with a slate roof.
There are gardens surrounding the main house enjoying mature trees, stepped gardens, vegetable patch, pond and a ha-ha looking out over the extensive land that compliments this significant property.
The land (approximately 12 acres) is mainly permanent pasture with additional woodland and a lake. The holding would ideally suit equestrian enthusiasts with the added benefit of the already established stables. Additional stabling would be easily achievable, subject to planning where necessary.Energy Performance
- Fulbeck Place: F
Coach House: D
Lodge: DCouncil Tax
- Fulbeck Place: G
Coach House: DMethod Of Sale
- The property is offered for sale by Private Treaty.Tenure
- Freehold with vacant possession on completion.Particulars
- Drafted following clients' instructions of March 2019.Viewing
- Strictly by prior arrangements with the Agents (01476 515329).Additional Information
- For further information, please contact Mount & Minster:
T: 01476 515329