Guide: £950k - £1m. Equestrian heaven, The Glebe House offers a complimentary blend of both impressive and comfortable living accommodation, together with a wide range of outbuildings and facilities for the discerning horse enthusiast. An exciting opportunity to acquire an equestrian holding with superb travel links.Description
- The Glebe House is privately situated within this pretty village, accessed via secure electric gates onto a paved driveway lead up to a prominent front entrance. The property offers flexible and generous family accommodation throughout and is an excellent opportunity to acquire a country lifestyle, yet within 1 hour of London (Grantham to Kings Cross).
This extensive home benefits from bespoke joinery and oak panelling, a hand built kitchen with a quintessential Aga with ancillary electric companion, master bedroom suite with floor to ceiling glass gable window with unspoilt country views, 3 additional double bedrooms and a versatile annex providing a 5th bedroom or self contained living accommodation/office space.
The equestrian facilities easily set this property apart from anything else available locally, with American style stabling, two tack rooms, horse wash area, kitchen and WC plus an indoor all-weather mange/school with its own yard area and additional standing for horse boxes and parking. Water connections serve the paddocks with ease. A rare opportunity to find such extensive facilities capable of catering for professional and leisure riders alike.Location
- Gunby is a pretty village surrounded by open countryside. The village is situated some 11 miles south of Grantham where there is an excellent train service to London Kings Cross with a journey time of approximately 1 hour. The neighbouring village of Colsterworth, just off the A1, has a good range of amenities including public house, doctors surgery and a recently enlarged Co-Op shop.
The major centres of Nottingham, Leicester and Peterborough are all within easy commuting distance and the picturesque towns of Stamford and Oakham with their well-known public schools are both 13 miles away. There are various local primary schools in the district and sought-after secondary schools for boys and girls in nearby Grantham.
The neighbouring farmland provides extensive vistas and wide verges; also accessing The Viking Way and formal bridleways, ideal for hacking; plenty of footpaths and tracks.Accomodation
- Entrance Hall
- 4.71m x 5.46m (15'5" x 17'10") - Sitting Room/ Dining Area
- 9.47m x 6.46m (31'0" x 21'2") - Family Room
- 4.04m x 3.49 (13'3" x 11'5" ) - Garden Room
- 5.31m x 4.23m (17'5" x 13'10") - Kitchen
- 6.07m x 3.30m (19'10" x 10'9") - Galleried Landing
- Master Bedroom
- 7.50m x 3.48m (24'7" x 11'5") - Dressing Room
- 5.04m 2.28m (16'6" 7'5") - En-Suite
- Bedroom 2
- 5.70m x 4.10m (18'8" x 13'5") - En-Suite
- Bedroom 3
- 3.99m x 3.49m (13'1" x 11'5") - Bedroom 4
- 3.61m x 3.31m (11'10" x 10'10") - Family Bathroom
- Open Space/5Th Bedroom
- 6.10m x 5.03m (20'0" x 16'6") - Kitchen
- The property is centrally heated throughout (oil) with mains water and electricity both connected. Drainage is out to a septic tank and soakaway.Energy Performance
- Rating: DMethod Of Sale
- The property is offered for sale by Private Treaty.Tenure
- Freehold with vacant possession on completion. Approximately 6.5 acres subject to an annual grazing licence.Particulars
- Drafted following clients' instruction of February 2019.Viewing
- Strictly by prior arrangement with the Sole Agents (01476 515329).Additional Information
- For further details, please contact Mount & Minster
T: 01476 515329