This beautiful, fully renovated, fortified Château was built in 1501 and is steeped in history. In a rural setting with lovely panoramic views yet within short walking distance of shops and local amenities.
The extensive accommodation includes a main Salon with original 16th century large stone fireplace, Breakfast room, and TV room, Library, Office and formal Dining room. The main Kitchen has an informal dining area plus a separate Laundry room and large pantry. In the Chateau there are 6 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms including the master bedroom suite that features a beautiful original ceiling ‘à la française’ and stone fireplace together with an en-suite bathroom. There is also a ‘summer’ Kitchen and ‘summer’ Dining room.
The East and West Towers are accessed from the main entrance hallway with original ornate stone carving to the stone spiral staircase that has a reading room at the top.
Outbuildings include two substantial barns. All utilities; electricity, gas, water, telephone and sewerage have been installed in each barn. They could easily be converted into further accommodation, conference rooms, etc.
The grounds include a private heated Swimming pool and pool house plus a Summerhouse and Greenhouse. The extensive gardens and sunny terraces including an outdoor chess set and petanque court and extend to some 3.2 hectares (7.9 acres). There is a staff or guest Cottage with separate access, comprising two apartments with all modern conveniences and each with Living room, Kitchen, Bedroom and Bathroom.
Central, under-floor heating and air-conditioning.
Extensively renovated between 2000 and 2005 including a new roof of handmade tiles, and a new ‘state of the art’ Viessmann oil-fired boiler.
Original features include two towers, metre-thick stone walls, arrow slits, original carved stone entrance door, semi-circular barrel vaults, stone spiral staircase, two échauguettes (miniature towers), an original painted ceiling, corbels supporting very large oak beamed ceilings, and large stone fireplaces.